>Absolutely!  Thanks, Aaron...not having used nested tags yet, I've been
>wondering about their syntax and parsing logic.

?... give it a go already. The code's there. There's next to no code in
them, it just handles them little property and bean references for you.

>Sounds like standard XML.

err... in the tags, I just get the tag reference and call "getParent()"
until it returns a valid parent tag root tag as metnioned, or null.
Naturally the first child needs the root tag to be the one it finds. For
the curious, it's all in...
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.NestedPropertyHelper

All the tags go to the same place to to this part of the deal. Any of
the nested tags is an example of using it. Most just call...
    NestedPropertyHelper.setNestedProperties(this);

Standard XML?... you're giving me a little too much credit there mate.
Makes me sound like I know what I'm doing... :)

>Any time anyone elaborates on the operation of a Struts function from
>experience is very helpful as the documentation is as yet vague in many
>places and downright wrong in others (obvious cut-n-paste oversights).

We try.
Then you can look at from the point of view that the community finds
these faults, but doesn't submit the fixes. So it's the community's
fault.... b-st-rds!   :)

Arron.

PS: Oh, and you spelt my name wrong. Only get to make the mistake
once... then I start a leaflet campaign.