Hi folks,

    I'm having a problem with exception handling with 1.1b.  This problem
has been brought up before
(http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg29572.html)
but never fully discussed.  I can't see any way for my Action that deals
with global-exceptions to get a handle to the Exception that was thrown,
without creating my own ExceptionHandler class.

Shouldn't all exceptions that are minor enough to use ActionErrors be caught
within an Action and not thrown to a global-exception?  imho, global
exceptions should be for reporting major, unexpected exceptions.  The Action
that handles that exception should have a handle to an Exception object, not
to an ActionError object.  This way the proper reporting can be done
(emailing of stack traces, etc.), and the user should recieve a generic
error page.

Any other thoughts on this?

-Roy