Perhaps a more appropriate link would be:
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/liveupdate.cfm?cat=J2EE

Ben Geyer
Caterpillar Inc.

                    Struts

                    Newsgroup

                    <struts@baseb

                    eans.com> (

                    06/05/2002    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    08:55 AM      cc:

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"        Subject:     Re: Please recommend a IDE

Caterpillar: Confidential Green          Retain Until: 07/05/2002
                                         Retention Category:  G90 -
                                         Information and Reports

Subject: Re: Please recommend a IDE
From: Vic C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/liveupdate.cfm?cat=J2SE

Is another list. Netbeans is free and a lot like the next line:
I did not like JBuilder and Oracle and Eclipse and Visual Cafe, to big.

I like http://www.omnicore.com/htmls/codeguide.html.
But Text editors are ok as well, like TextPad, and GVIM (GUI VI for
X-Windows).
But the tool will make little difference. You should know more than one
IDE. It is how you use it. Also, I unit test each "layer" by itself and
hence do not used debug tracing.
Vic