From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 10:03 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null

It sounds like the JSP includes a <html:form> and the action associated
with the form does not have a name property.

The <html:form> tag does not know which action was used to start the
current request/response cycle, only where it is suppose to submit to
start the next cycle.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Supriya Saha wrote:

> Hi,
>   I just started using Struts. I am facing some problems with Struts.
> I have an actions defined and there is a form bean attached to the
> action. The web server is calling the action properly upon request,
> creating the right form bean and passing it to the 'perform' method of

> the action class. But when I am forwarding the request to the jsp page

> I am getting the following Exception :
>
> [ERROR,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] ApplicationDispatcher[/pportal]
> Servlet.servic
> e() for servlet jsp threw exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve definition for form
> bean null
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageCon
> textImpl.java:457)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.sendMail$jsp._jspService(sendMail$jsp.java:384)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
> vlet.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:3
> 82)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDisp
> atcher.java:679)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationD
> ispatcher.java:431)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDis
> patcher.java:355)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionSer
> vlet.java:1759)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:159
> 6)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> [...]
> torBase.java:518)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:564)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve
> .java:246)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:564)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:472)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
> 2344)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
> ava:164)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:566)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
> rValve.java:170)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:564)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
> ava:170)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:564)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:472)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
> ve.java:163)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline
> .java:566)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
> a:472)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcesso
> r.java:1011)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.ja
> va:1106)
>
> Have anyone faced this problem before? Please help me out with the

For additional commands, e-mail:

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.