From: Joe Germuska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 3:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Help - Action Mapping

The value for the "action" attribute should be a Struts action
defined in a struts-config.xml file.  If you're going to use the
able to find a Struts action mapping in order to identify the Form
Bean that has a "RID" property.

Can you write a Struts Action that can get to the same business logic
that your servlet gets too?  That's probably easiest route.  You
could also simply use regular <form> tags, but then you can't really
use the form-refilling features.  The alternative would be to look at
the code for org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag and see if you can
adapt it to let you specify a non-ActionMapping form action while
still letting you pull a FormBean into scope.

Joe

At 3:11 PM -0400 2002/06/11, Kamholz, Keith   (corp-staff) USX wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm just learning how to use struts right now, and i'm having a couple
>problems.  I have a simple form in a JSP page, but when i run it on a test
>server through our development program, it gives me an error that says:
>" X Servlet Error: Cannot retrieve mapping for action /MassChange:
>javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action
>/MassChange "
>
>My code for the form is:
><tbody>
>       <th>
>          Run ID:
>       </th>
></tbody>
>
>Mass Change is a servlet, and I have it mapped in my web.xml.  I don't know
>what the problem is.  The page containing the form doesn't show up at all.
>Perhaps I'm just making a stupid newbie mistake.  If anyone has any ideas
>about what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
>Keith Kamholz
>Moog
>East Aurora, NY
>(716) 687-7282
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail:

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>