From: Sudhir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 15:20
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Throwing exceptions in Actions

testing

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:54 PM
To: Struts
Subject: Throwing exceptions in Actions

(Using tomcat here)

Anyone know what the story is with the 'friendly' (using the Micro$oft
definition of 'friendly' here) apache exception messages reported when an
exception is thrown from within a dispatch action?

ie:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Dispatch[/partnerTypeDispatchAction]
to method save returned an exception

Not very helpful really. Not even anything in the logs :-(

The exception in question is one (a ServletException with nested exceptions)
I myself throw in the code under certain conditions, and I wish to display
it in a similar manner to exceptions I throw from a normal (ie: not struts
actionservlet) servlet.

That is: I wish to inspire the fear of god in the poor fool who clicked the
wrong thing by showing a lovely 5000 lines long nested exceptions stack
trace....

How to configure this?

For additional commands, e-mail: