Couple of quick suggestions.

1. Make sure that you not linking directly to your jsp, but going thru your
actions

perhaps...

should be...

(assuming that you are using *.do for url mapping)

2. Also make sure that your action has created all the correct beans and
placed them in the correct scope.  If you are not able to step through the
code in an IDE, adding some debug script ('snoop' code) can reveal problems
quicker than guessing.

Hope that helps!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://struts-atlanta.open-tools.org