I should be able to do bean write on them, but I would lose the pretty
functionality I get with the taglib...

-----Original Message-----
From: cliff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 1:42 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Re: DynaBeans, DynaClass, DynaMen

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> The standard methods in BeanUtils and PropertyUtils know how to deal
with
> DynaBeans already (essentially your option (B)).  That is why all of
the
> Struts tags can deal with DynaBeans or standard JavaBeans with no
changes.
> Is there a reason you can't use things like <bean:write> directly on
your
> DynaBeans as well?

Cheers Craig, I've not had a chance to look at BeanUtils and
PropertyUtils in depth yet - its on my list, along with another million
things.  I was under the impression that the Struts tags had 'special
support' for the dyna elements - I learned something new today :)

For additional commands, e-mail: