From: pelly69 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 11:05 AM
To: struts-user
Subject: Re: DynaBeans, DynaClass, DynaMen

I have implemented the same approach: getting results from a database
query
and wrap them in an ArrayList of dynabeans. In that way I can use the
Struts
Customs tags in order to render the dynabeans content in the JSP.

Custom Tags rely on Commons BeanUtils package which is able to inspect
any
Java Bean or Dynabean to pick up the information.

I think your approach is correct,

Adolfo.

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: DynaBeans, DynaClass, DynaMen
>Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:39:46 -0400
>

>...anyone remember DynaMen?
>
>Anyhow...  I got a Dynabean mechanism working that builds a DynaBean
>based on the metadata of a SQL result set, populates and array of the
>little buggers and passes it back to me.  For displaying I have a tag
>library that does not like a call to get('name') as the field name.
>What is the best way to get around this?
>
>(A) Write a bean to encapsulate the dynabean and provide hard method
>gets and sets
>(B) Modify the tag library to detect a DynaBean and access it via a get
>and set (not my library)
>(C) Don't use dynabeans for this sort of thing
>(D) None of the above you dufus
>
>I can do any of the above - I just want to make sure that there is not
>an obvious way I am missing.
>
>Thanks and happy monday
>

>--
For additional commands, e-mail: