From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Form Validation

I had this problem.

What you need to do is to have two actions that point to the same
place...  Here is an example out of my code...

When I use a link to get to the form I call createNew.do...  After that,
the form action and everything else uses submitNew.do  they go to the
same place, but createNew has validate="false"

<action path="/createNew"
parameter=""
type="com.ebind.plantsec.create.actionCreateNew"
validate="false"
name="formNewRequest"
scope="request">

<forward name="continue" path="plantsec.create.new" redirect="false" />
<forward name="success" path="plantsec.mainmenu" redirect="false" />
</action>

<action path="/submitNew"
parameter=""
type="com.ebind.plantsec.create.actionCreateNew"
name="formNewRequest"
validate="true"
input="plantsec.create.new"