I do that. The problems include getting error messages out when
something goes wrong, and potentially fetching huge lists if the
parameters are wrong. Can't think of any others.

I used to get the dropdown lists in the action, and store them in the
session, but I couldn't think of a way of getting rid of them from the
session easily.

Adam