On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 04:08:33PM +0100, David Mulligan wrote:
> Now I'm really confused!!!

Oops, sorry. :)

> I'm using Velocity for the presentation, so no JSPs or tags.
> I'm guessing the LOCALE attribute is coming from the web
> browser! I also tried setting the session-timeout to 30
> minutes in web.xml and that didn't work either.

No, the session is stored only on the server side.  The web browser
has no direct control over what's actually in the session.. it just
remembers a "session key" which helps the server figure out which
session object to use for the current request.  Your browser can make
the whole session seem to go away (by refusing to remember the session
key) but it can't add or remove items that are stored inside a
particular session.

> But this is where things get really strange!
>
> I started up K-Meleon (Mozilla browser) to check and see if
> MS-IE was sending my location in the request (Hence the
> LOCALE attribute) and everything worked just fine!
>
> Not one problem! I can login/logout etc. UserBean is getting
> saved in the Session. Everything works as expected!
>
> Back to IE and it still doesn't work. IE is setup to check
> for newer page version with each request. So it's not a
> problem with the cache.

Maybe we've both overlooked the obvious: Is it at all possible that
you've got cookies turned off in your MSIE privacy options?  That's
what it sounds like at this point.

--
Jonathan Fuerth - SQL Power Group Inc.
(416)218-5551 (Toronto); 1-866-SQL-POWR (Toll-Free)