Thanks, very interesting. I was having trouble understanding some of the
benefits of using XML/XSLT and this is a very compelling benefit.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Hookom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 4:33 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: uncoupling Web Design/Web Development

I am working on a big project for an insurance company and we are doing
everything in XML/XSLT.  That way, the programmers can write JSP's or
Servlets that just generate XML data and then depending on who's making
the request, it formats the page as WML, PDF, or HTML.  That way the
designers can just come up with stylesheets and the programmers just
generate straight XML data.

Jacob Hookom
Comprehensive Computer Science
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire