Hi, Eddie!

> Any current implementation details we should be aware of?

What do u mean?

> My guess (man I hate to guess) is that you've got some piece of
> javascript attached to the onsubmit= attribute of your form.  This
> script is trying to modify your hidden variables' values.  Am I warm? So
> you have something like:
>
> <... onSubmit="return foo(this);" ...> on your form.
>
> then you have something like:
>
> function foo(form)
> {
>    form.someHiddenField.value = "some value";
>
>    return true;
> }

U were just warm... :o)
I've tried to modify the values through Javascript also, but didn't
work. But the Javascript wasn't attached to any buttons. Quite close,
actually. :)

> You still haven't really given enough details - this is an absolute
> guess at what you're trying to do.
>
> There's not really a way for you to "delete" the parameters from the
> form (that I am aware of) using JavaScript (I think this what you were
> wanting to do, but I don't understand your statements well still).
> Remember:  This is a *parameter* you're messing with here - *not* an
> attribute.  If you want to get it, you're going to call
> request.getParameter("name") - *not* request.getAttribute("name");  I
> think maybe you are confused on this - these are totally different
> things - apples and pickles.

I know that they are parameters and not attributes and I know the
difference also, but I thought that may be a way to mdify the damn
parameters values. Loox like there is no such possibility.

> Does this rambling help any?!  Restate your problem, again, and be as
> deliberate (thorough/detail-oriented) with you description as you can
> about your problem and attempted implementation.

Again?! Well, I can't waste time writing mails all day, u know...
I'll try again. All I want is to modify the values from parameters in a
request object (or remove the parameters). I have no query string
available, because is done in such way, the URL is something like:
http://myserver:port/myWebApp/abcd.actionName.do;sessionID
My hunch is that I shouldn't use hidden fields, but request attributes
instead. Am I rite? I don't wanna use session attributes for this thing.

I hope now is more explicit than before...

Marius