Any suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 11:34 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Ending a Session After Browser Has Gone Away

The web being the stateless environment that it is, you have no way know
(without using javascript) that a user has closed a browser.

I wouldn't advise to doing this anyway, because the user may have more than
one window open, so if they close one of them and try to continue using your
site, they will be met (rather rudely) with your login screens.

I can't speak for other people, but whenever I'm navigating a site that does
a shit job of navigation hierarchy, I always use shift+click if I want to
keep the current page and not be sent off deep in the site with no hope of
finding the original spot that sent me.  If the site did as you propose,
this would result in a very pissed off user.  And you could bet that you'd
hear about it (from me at least).

Oh well, that's my 2 cents.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta