From: James Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 3:01 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Ending a Session After Browser Has Gone Away

Actually, I didn't point you to the session listener, someone else did ;)

It sounds like you are having to keep track of users (of your application)
and sessions on a one by one basis.

So your business requirements state that 'Each user may only be logged in at
one time and disallow multiple sessionid per user'?

Why would you want to 'lock' the user from the system (if a different
session had not expired)?

I would think that you only want to monitor it this way to provide
additional functionality such as 'Resuming from a saved session' or
'Returning to a previous cart'

It would be a little tricky, but I do see merit in it.  This way you could
prevent someone from using IE to login and then login again in NS (just to
make sure no cookies were shared).

Well, good luck whatever you decide!!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta