From: rkalluri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:42 AM
To: struts-user
Subject: RE: iterate tag

http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display-examples-0.8/example-grouping.jsp

-----Original Message-----
From: SR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:32 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List

Sorry for the late reply... got pulled into a meeting.... I guess I
should
explain what i am trying to do

I have an ArrayList that I am using to populate the List page. The
ArrayList
contains projects based on type for every state. I need to iterate
through
the list and display it in such a way so that for every state I display
the
state name once and then multiple rows for every project in that state
for
eg

state1     type1    detail1
                           detail2
               type2    detail3
state2      type1     detail1

to achieve this, i have another arraylist that contains all the states.I
iterate through this state arraylist and if the state name in the
project
arraylist matches the state name in the state arraylist I dont display
the
state name again.

I am using the logic:iterate and logic:match tags to get this for now.
What
I was wondering was, if there is an easy way to break out of the iterate
if
the state doesnt match without using the match tag....

I guess there isnt unless I write my own tag and it seems like it is
more
trouble than it is worth