Hi Folks,

first of all I'm a newbie to Struts. As far as I can see it's a great
framework. Thx for that a lot.

My Problem is that my JSP-Views needs some inital data from the models.
Consider some <select>-boxes given the
user a chance make their choices....

Where can I init the FromBeans that are use to share data between Action
class/View? The constructor of
the class? As far as I understand the Struts delegates form View to Action
using the FormBean and ActionMappings.
So Action is always the end of the request chain  (view
---o-action(controler)-o-model). Correct?
So I need something like that: model -----O controler O----- view.

As far as I can see the Struts HTML/Logic TLs offering java.util.Collection
processing. So my idea is build an
Taglib that can access the Model (EJB's with finder methods returning
collection or Local interfaces).
Is this okay, or is there a better solution?

Any help is appreciated. :-)

Gruß

Toby