> 1. NetDynamics is alive and well, see:
> http://developer.iplanet.com/tech/appserver/framework/index.jsp
> They have a nice sample app as well.
> But since I Planet has a bad rap, so does the Sun framework.

Ummm... What am I missing? Sounds like they are using Jato instead of
Struts, but I'm not seeing a GUI environment, just a really crude
NetBeans integration... Did I miss a link or something?

> My conclusion: If .NET or C# or anything becomes more
> prodctive than Struts with DAO, I will switch. I chase
> profit, and profit to me is showing clients how they can
> develop fast and productive for very low cost, and operate
> high volume at low cost. Open Source beats .NET. However is
> there is more high end consulting in .NET... I have to switch.

Interesting comments. As for this one above - I agree. You have to go
where the money is when you are consulting. I co-founded a Java-focused
consulting company and have since pursued other things, but have noticed
that they are starting to do .Net training (internal and external) just
as we did Java training back in '97, '98 when Java 1.0 and 1.1 was
starting to gain favor. It's the only smart thing to do. Hope all goes
well with your business..

Best Regards,
James