Hey Kevin,

I think I know what is going on here.

When you are doing "<template:put name='header' content='/welcome.html'
direct='true'/>" you are using direct=true which directly outputs the string
"/welcome.html" as the file to be used for the header. This would mean that
any contextPath that you have for your server is not being applied and as
such no file can be found as it is looking for it in the root of your web
server.

I think that what you should be using is something like the following which
will include the file rather than just outputting the string. "<template:put
name='header' content='/welcome.html'/>"

The same would apply for the content.

Hopefully this solves your problem. I usually only create separate files if
they are going to be used over multiple pages, such as navigation, page
headers etc. You could also do something like this to save having
superfluous files lying around.

<template:put name='content'>
    INSERT YOUR PAGE CONTENT IN HERE
</template:put>