I need to pass a url as a parameter to a JSP page.  I can't rely on just
using the relative path.

Currently the urls that map to struts actions look like this

http://localhost/appname/servletmappingurlpattern/path/that/resolves/to/
struts/action

When using the struts tag html:link  all that I have to specify is
/path/that/resolves/to/struts/action.

I need to programatically retrieve or construct
/appname/servletmappingurlpattern part of the url.  One way to do this
is to just parse the url, but I would rather use the proper api if there
is one.

I can't use the html:link tag as the page attribute won't accept nested
tags.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

PS If there is a place to search old postings, please point it out to
me.