From: Joe Barefoot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:36 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Struts - vs XSLT (ASP.NET v. Struts)

There are a couple of frameworks out there that endorse this idea, and
there's certainly nothing in Struts that mandates the use of JSP.  I think a
person on this list has implemented something exactly as you describe with
Struts.

My .02:

1.  XSLT is slower than JSP, varying upon the complexity of the
transformation.
2.  Anyone working on your presentation layer must understand XSL.  This
eliminates web developers who know HTML/JavaScript and are savvy of custom
tag usage (who *can* work on ASP/JSP pages).

I actually think the idea is aesthetically pleasing, but practically not so
pretty. :)

peace,
Joe