Miguel:

Most configuration objects can only be created when the struts-config.xml
is being created.  I assume that this is due to the fact that in many cases
(for example Action objects) are single instances used in multiple threads
so that they must be frozen (no updates allowed) after initialization so
that there are no multi-threaded issues.  The ActionMapping, via the
ActionConfig from which it inherits, is one of those configuration objects
that gets frozen. So basically, after the struts-config.xml is read and
processed at initialization time, such objects cannot be updated.

Chris Seekamp

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           Miguel Angel Mulero       |
|         |           Martinez                  |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ecsidel.es>               |
|         |                                     |
|         |           09/05/2002 08:00 AM       |
|         |           Please respond to "Struts |
|         |           Users Mailing List"       |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->

  |       cc:
                                                         |
  |       Subject:  RE: Exception when addForwardConfig

More data to my previous message:

In the javadoc, I've found that findForward:

Throws:
java.lang.IllegalStateException - if this module configuration has been
frozen

I don't know what that means. Someone could tell me how to "unfroze" the
module?

Thanks!!