On Thursday, September 5, 2002, 5:32:15 PM, David wrote:

DG> I doubt that you've set things up wrong, because I've experienced the
DG> same problem, among others, using the validator. My feeling is that the
DG> validator's not quite ready for prime-time with Struts; I've gone back
DG> to implementing form beans by hand and coding validation in the bean's
DG> validate method. That works, and I have more control over the process.

    That's a shame, because it's pretty cool stuff for sure. I love
    being able to validate dates, and SSNs with a mask etc. I think
    I'll stick to using it and deal with the apparent minor problem of
    it not returning all the non-required validation back on the first
    shot. (Hey, if the user can't follow directions and make sure to
    fill out the fields with an asterisk, they deserve to maybe have
    to submit the form twice:)

--

Rick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]