SAPDB is simply awesome.

I've been ramping up a personal project which needs a complete DB
arsenal, and I was worried until I met SAPDB. MySQL slows for inserts
hand has a lack of SQL support. PostgreSQL has more SQL but it's slower.
Both have issues over page size, data limitations.

SAPDB... I went to the site, filled out some details and they mailed me
the CD for free (that's Germany to Australia, for free). It's easy to
install and comes with enough tools to rival Oracle out of the box. On
the CD is all the implementations for all platforms (Win, Linux and all
them unix's)

Data limitations... is a 2GB long varchar a limitation?...

Docco is also excellent. Including a document which mentions all the
Oracle SQL syntax and if it supports it or not, and if it does but in a
different way.

The database is amazing, and I have no idea why more people aren't using
it.

You can download whatever you want, but my modem has a hard time of the
45MB or so. Just get the CD.

I take my hat off to SAP for opening it up with the realisation that
it's not where their money comes from. I'm converted. Every time I play
and dig deeper I'm impressed all over. Comes with a little web server
for web based administration.

You wont be disappointed.

Arron.