-----Mensagem original-----
De: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 6 de setembro de 2002 15:45
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: Struts <--> JSF roadmap

I will have time to expand on this at length over the weekend ... but
the
things I described in my JavaOne BOF on Struts 1.1 last March look like
they're going to come true (which is good news for Struts folks).

Craig

On 6 Sep 2002, Bryan Field-Elliot wrote:

> Date: 06 Sep 2002 12:33:37 -0600
> From: Bryan Field-Elliot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts-User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Struts <--> JSF roadmap
>
> I was wondering if there are others out there who have read the
> (preliminary) JSF (Java Server Faces) drafts, tutorials, etc., with
> opinions on how they relate to Struts?
>
> With Craig the spec lead on JSF, and Craig also being a primary mover
> (as well as original inventor) of Struts, I am hoping he will come
> forward with some real opinions on the matter, such as, where are the
> areas of overlap between the two? I believe there may be overlap in
> validation area, as well as in the general "controller framework"
> mechanism, though I'm not sure yet.
>
> Might there be anything like a "long-term roadmap" for Struts with
some
> mention of JSF, and best practices for using the two together?
>
> Opinions appreciated,
>
> Bryan

For additional commands, e-mail: