For my money, or the lack thereof :), I would much rather use PostgreSQL or
SAP DB than MySQL for both feature AND, believe it or not, performance
reasons. One of the developers on the SourceForge project did a very nice
comparison of how SF would run on both MySQL and PostgreSQL and he was very
surprised at the results. You can read about it at:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3. Of course, he was using
PHP instead of Struts :)

For my own personal work I chose PostgreSQL for several features that
MySQL - nested queries, views, triggers and stored procedures being the
biggies. Transactions weren't available with MySQL at the time I made my
decision but, even with their current level of support for transactions, I
cannot conceive of doing without the other features, views and stored
procedures especially.

And that is why I don't understand Sun's push for MySQL. Are there any
enterprise level projects (heck, even department level projects) that you
don't want to use views and stored procedures with?

rjsjr

For additional commands, e-mail: