One disadvantage of Struts is that there are no high-level tools for modeling,
viewing/creating workflows, etc.  There are also not any good productivity tools for
generating skeleton code/actionMappings and the like.  Yes, I know about struts
console and several IDE plug-ins, but none of them do what I'm envisaging.  Another
disadvantage is that there is not compile-time checking of property references, since
everything is done by reflection.

These are not "problems" with the framework per se, rather things that would be nice
to have.

my .02