From: Ajay Patil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 5 December 2003 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Disadvantages of Struts

Hi,

Has anyone compared the configuration of JSF vs Struts ?

Struts has a good mechanism to specify the forwards for each Action.

JSF has a different approach.
In faces-config.xml, you can specify navigation rules.

You can specify something a navigation rules like..

  <navigation-rule>
    <from-tree-id>/demo/login.jsp</from-tree-id>
    <navigation-case>
      <from-outcome>fail</from-outcome>
      <to-tree-id>/demo/error.jsp</to-tree-id>
    </navigation-case>
    <navigation-case>
      <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
      <to-tree-id>/demo/welcome.jsp</to-tree-id>
    </navigation-case>
  </navigation-rule>

I find this better, because you can specify both the "FROM" webpage
and the "TO" webpage in the navigation rule.

Also event-handling is nice in JSF. For example, you can implement
a web-screen as one Java class and specify event-handling methods to
each submit button.

So far, I have really liked JSF.

Ajay