Hi Eddie and Dimitar..

Thanks for your responses.  I realise that using cookies isn't the most
secure thing to do, however, this is a restriction that has been placed
upon us from the server that is redirecting the call to us.  However, we
actually only keep the username and some other information (not password)
in the cookie and then our server will need to perform a server to server
SOAP message to authorise the userid with the originating server.

BTW, Eddie, is your CMA specifically the EJB container users/roles?  Does
the web container allow CMA?

Dimitar...your idea to forward directly to an action worked.  Thanks!

Cheers!
Siong