Using the one in the jre/lib directory isn't such a good idea if you don't
want to affect all clients of the JVM on that system. We put the file in our
own installation directory, and tell the JVM about it using the
'java.util.logging.config.file' system property, which we pass on the
command line (or in the Resin config file).

--
Martin Cooper