All:

Okay, I successfully integrated Struts Tiles with my app, and it's
working very nicely, thank you.

Then I got the bright idea that I wanted a tabbed display, and since the
Tiles documentation shows a couple of examples of tabbed displays, I
thought, "Why not?".

Now that it's brought me to my knees, I know why not.  I got a "play"
tabbed display working -- basically copying and editing the
tiles-def.xml files from the tiles-documentation example -- fairly
easily, and I can throw up all of the simple JSPs I want to in a tabbed
display.  HOWEVER, in actual practice, of course, my app only has one or
two simple JSP pages; most of what I want to display flows through
Actions, ActionMappings, etc., and contains some sort of data display.

I had no trouble, when I first integrated Tiles, linking the mappings in
my struts-config.xml to tiles definitions instead of to the JSPs they
originally referenced.  Indeed, the tiles-documentation example
contained instances of this, which I dutifully cribbed.  However, the
tabbed-display part of the example contains tiles definitions only
directly to JSP pages; for example:

      <item value="Doc Home"
                        link="/index.jsp" />
      <item value="Quick overview"
                        link="/doc/quickOverview.jsp" />
      <item value="Tutorial"
                        link="/doc/tutorial.jsp" />
      <item value="Examples Home"
                        link="/examples/index.jsp" />

Each of these <item> definitions represents a page I can tab to.
However, what if I want to link to the path "/payment/edit", find its
ActionMapping, invoke its Action, and display a JSP populated by its
ActionForm?  Can I put a link to an ActionMapping as the link value in
this element?  I've tried, but keep getting NullPointerExceptions
without much else to guide me.  And I haven't found anything in the
documentation to guide me, either.

Sorry if my question isn't very coherent; I'm confused enough that I'm
having trouble formulating the question properly.  Anyway, any help or
guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Charles McClain
Phone:  603.659.2046