Just trying to be helpful...and you really would find an extensive
discussion of the issue in the servlet-interest archive.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Guidelines for choosing forward or redirect?

    Mark> This issue has been discussed many, many times here
    Mark> http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user%40jakarta.apache.org/

    Mark> and on servlet-interest.

<small-steam-release>
Mark, I'm aware of that, but clearly the vast majority of those many
hundreds
of notes I could find are asking about the elementary difference between
forward and redirect, and not when you should consider using either.  Not to
mention the numerous notes that just happen to match the search string and
have
little relevant information.

With all due respect, list answers that just point to the mailing list
archive
are often not useful, unless you can suggest a search string that will give
someone a reasonable subset of notes to go through, hopefully avoiding the
archive.
</small-steam-release>