On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Vincent Stoessel wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:51:22 -0400
> From: Vincent Stoessel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Struts forms best practice
>

> >      In the past, before using the copyProperties methods, I used a
> >      helper class to do the conversions which I liked, but using
> >      BeanUtils (and PropertyUtils) is much quicker.
> >
> >      How do you suggest getting Dates in the proper format between
> >      form beans and model layer beans?
> >
> >      Thanks,
> >

> Hi, where can I learn more about using BeanUtils in struts. I haven't
> (knowingly) played that toy yet.

A good starting point would be the Javadocs.  The "Package Description"
section has a lot of useful background information and a bunch of
examples.

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/

There's similar online documentation for the other Commons packages that
Struts uses (and provides), such as Digester and Logging.  In each case,
the Javadocs includes user-level documentation on the summary pages.

> --
> Vincent Stoessel
> Linux Systems Developer
> vincent xaymaca.com