Okaaay...if there's no html:form, why use html:radio? How 'bout just doing
something like:

<input type="radio" name="key" value='<bean:write name="resView"
property="key"/>'>

You said you don't want any radio buttons initially selected, bit here's a
snippet from the HTML 4.01 spec:

<quote>
If no radio button in a set sharing the same control name is initially "on",
user agent behavior for choosing which control is initially "on" is undefined.
Note. Since existing implementations handle this case differently, the current
specification differs from RFC 1866 ([RFC1866] section 8.1.2.4), which states:

At all times, exactly one of the radio buttons in a set is checked. If none of
the <INPUT> elements of a set of radio buttons specifies `CHECKED', then the
user agent must check the first radio button of the set initially.

Since user agent behavior differs, authors should ensure that in each set of
radio buttons that one is initially "on".
</quote>

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>