<message-resources parameter="package.to.ApplicationResources"/>

Do you have a line that looks like that in the config file for the application in question? It sounds like, for some reason, the resources aren't being set. The first thing that comes to mind is your not declaring them. Also check that the package/filename you specify is actually valid - case matters.

Haseltine, Celeste wrote:

I'm new to Struts, so this may be a dumb question, but I have NOT found the
answer searching either this forum's list, or the JRUN forum list.

I'm getting the following error message trying to run the struts-example
application of the 1.1b2 version of struts under JRUN 3.1.  A search of the
bugzilla list for Struts 1.1b1 or b2 did not turn up this error message. For
the struts-example file, it is:

500 Internal Server Error
/struts-example/:

Exception thrown processing JSP page.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

<snip/>

Please note I have already performed the suggested work around of removing
the pre-loading of the Struts Action Servlet within the JRUN 3.1 console,
and I am now getting the above error message.  Any suggestions/clues on what
this means, and how I would go about getting Struts 1.1b2 working under JRUN
3.1?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice.

Celeste Haseltine, PE
MTL, Inc.

--
Eddie Bush