From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@;swbell.net]
Sent: October 18, 2002 3:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: access ApplicationResource from ActionForm

You do not have access to any resources in ActionForm.  The form is just
there to act as a conduit for data - something for it to pass through -
like electricity passes through a wire.  In that case, the electricity
would represent your data and the wire would be your form.  Notice that
a wire does not change the state of the electricity.

The proper place to do this is in an Action class.  Action has a
getResources method (a few different signatures I believe, actually).
 This is where you would get that data.  You could then set some
property of your form accordingly.

--
Eddie Bush