I think I'm seriously missing the point here! I have looked at the example application
in some detail and it appears to add a parameter (eg, ?action=new) to tell the action
for a form to perform an initialising action. I don't see it using a "pre-" action.

I am incredibly stuck with the concept of how to code an action that is not
encumbered with *special* parameters to pre-load the bean data. My particular
problem is that I have pages where the previous page cannot be predicted, so the jsp
must have a means of loading its own data.

I would really appreciated some pointers as to how to set this up. *** I particularly
don't understand how to get the action to call the following JSP *** (ie, I would
really
appreciate some specific - example - help on this!! ). At least every method I have
tried doesn't work.

I do understand how to actually create a bean manually and put in in the scope. I
don't understand how to set up a generic preload action for a given JSP/ActionForm,
and what the config should look like.

Again, any help much appreciated.

HM