I'm not sure what you mean by all that. The perform method was just replaced by execute so it's still an implementation of the command pattern. Perform now just wraps a call to execute to maintain backward compatibility but I imagine it will be removed in later versions.

David

From: Tony Baity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: deprecated perform method in Action means roll your own Command Pattern
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
Just got back on the list again... man is it busy here....
hey... about the command pattern that appears to be disappearing from the Action class... do we roll our own now just using Action as a base class?
I really like that combined execute and perform functionality... so that I can weed out common (background) functionality between Action classes and keep the size of the individual Action subclasses down to a minimum... and also perhaps put common initialization in an init() method (which is in the execute method just above the execution of the perform)
So... judging from the deprecation that I now (guess its been there for a while but just haven't looked) find in the Action class there will be a day when the perform method is GONE! Also, the example Actions now (BTW when did this change) override the execute not the perform. Are command patterns then considered part of the business logic?
... if so, then I am confused since I have always considered the Action classes borderline business logic since they basically hold the steps of a transaction.
-Tony ( I think the really cool people now hang out in the Commons user group)