David,
Perhaps I misinterpreted the UML for command pattern as is shown in "Applied Java
Patterns" by Sun. I was assuming that the Action class was a combination of the
aCommand:Command and the :Receiver on page 52 and herefore contained both the
execute() and the doAction() (AKA perform).
-Tony

 David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by all that.
The perform method was just
replaced by execute so it's still an implementation of the command pattern.
Perform now just wraps a call to execute to maintain backward compatibility
but I imagine it will be removed in later versions.

David