Hi,
    Our problem is one of those classic cases.
 We load report parameters into the application scope. These parameters
change but not too frequently. We don't want to fetch the parameters with
every request because they don't change very frequently.

 1. Is there any way to reload data that changes in the database either
    a) manually or
    b) through the admin application.

The admin application and the reporter application are separate contexts.

Can there be cross context notifications between applications in tomcat ?
Can admin be a sub application of the reporter module ?

bye,
Mohan