I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the list.  I couldn't find a similar
entry.

I am using WebSphere 4.0 with Struts 1.0.2.  I am trying to upload files (multiple
files per request) and am having problems.  Very small files seem to work fine (<10k).
 However, large files (>50k) fail - before it reaches any code in my Action class.
The following are the messages that are thrown in the servlet log.

[Servlet LOG]: action:  Populating bean properties from this request
Servlet Error: IOException while reading file element: Premature end of stream while
reading multipart request: java.io.IOException: Premature end of stream while reading
multipart request

Is there a known defect that is causing this problem, or a setting that I have missed?
 If file upload isn't working in this configuration, is there a known work-around
where I could implement my own DiskMultipartRequestHandler and simply avoid the File
elements, and use another approach to handle the uploaded files (such as Marsh?).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David Purcell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]