I asked this question a while back and got some very good answers.  If you do a search
on these archives on "internationalizing large amounts of text" you will get several
ideas.

Steven

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/19/02 06:45PM >>>

Our application has both legal notice and privacy pages.  We opted to
change these from static html pages to jsps.  The conversion was relatively
painless, and it allows the use of the struts custom tags (and thus
locale-specific text and images).  In our case, the client is fine
maintaining the verbage used on these pages in properties files than
editing the static html directly.

We keep our image file paths in the properties file and use the scrkey
attribute to of the html:image tag  to reference them.  This allows us to
have locale-specific images as well as text.

Jim

                      "Jana Navaneethan"

                      <jana.navaneethan@la        To:       "Struts Users Mailing
List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      bs.gte.com>                 cc:

                                                  Subject:  How to build Multi-Lingual
Web Site?
                      11/19/2002 04:02 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Hi,
        We have a multi-lingual application. We are trying to convert our
existing application using STRUTS. We have few static HTML pages (.html)
How
to serve this pages to the User? because these are not JSP pages and I
can't
use <bean:message>  and the it has lot of static content for example
privacy
policy? I tried to convert them to .jsp and convert all the static text in
to messages. Since the file is huge Is there any other better way of doing
this? Also We need to serve the user with different images (Language
specific) in our JSP Pages how to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jana.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>