> From: Leonardo Maciel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I GOT IT!
>
> I forgot to send the struts-config.xml and there were the
difference

> <VERY-IMPORTANT>
> if I set the action scope="request" I get:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 0
> or
>
> make sure you don't have scope="request" in your <action ...
</action>
> </VERY-IMPORTANT>

You have really made my day!!!  Thanks.

I took the code you gave me and the code from the original link
(yes, thanks Dave).

I couldn't get either of them to work since I just automatically
put in the scope="request" into the configuration entry.  I was
getting a similar error message:
javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:980)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:779)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
        at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:427)

Which is similar to every other attempt I've made.  The
array/vector/list/collection wasn't initialized to have the correct
size before the indexed setters were called.  I kind of consider it
to be a bug in BeanUtils but I'm not sure.

It would
never have occurred to me that the scope would effect it.  As soon
as I made that change and restarted, it worked!

I've not tried the nested tags but I suspect the crucial element is
the scope of the form bean.

I do agree with [EMAIL PROTECTED] about having to put
the bean into session scope - I'll have to manage that very
carefully or implement the indexed setter that you gave and that
Jim Krygowski mentioned.  I'll also look at the lazyList from
Commons Collection.

Thanks again!
Also, thanks to everyone else who helped.

Kevin.