From: edgar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 3:27 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Question About Modules

Yes, I am in the middle of an extensive PDF output project.  I have
started to create dynamic names and forwarding to them and put them on a
delete list in order to give them pdf names so IE would know how to
handle them.  I hadn't got to the file handling part yet so your post is
timely.

I hadn't thought of mapping pdf's as actions and I love the idea.  On
your question regarding static PDF's I believe the answer to your
question is that they would have to be mapped through struts-config as
forwards and you would need a single action class to forward to the
actual pdf.

My first thought is

        <action path="/static"
                type="actions.PDFForward"               <!-- you would
have to write this simple action -->
                name="PDFDynaForm"                              <!-- you
would need some simple Form as a ref -->
                validate="false"
            <forward name="pdf"
                path="/PDF/static.pdf" />
        </action>

Since I have no static pdf's I am going to steal your idea.

Thanks

Edgar