Hmm, I think that's implementation dependent.  For
example, the Oracle CachedRowSet implementation
doesn't support updating joined tables.  See:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/ias/doc_library/90200doc_otn/web.902/a90211/rowset.htm#628357

I don't know for sure, but I'll wager the RI doesn't,
either...

John

--- Jerry Jalenak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My initial SQL SELECT statement that creates my
> ResultSet pulls data from several tables.  I wasn't
> sure if the RowSetWriter implementation would be
> able to accommodate this scenario, so I've started
> using the CachedRowSet object as a means of passing
> data from DAO to business logic and back.  I had to
> kill the writer in order to use the
'acceptChanges()'