From: Andrew Watters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:37 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Constructing absolute URL in struts 1.1-b2

I'm trying to create an absolute URL to redirect to. The URL is
generated dynamically at runtime so I can't declare it in the config
file for the module. My controller code ends with -

String url = getPaymentServerUrl(); // Returns an absolute URL
ActionForward forward = new ActionForward(url, true); return forward;

I have tried all the different ActionForward constructors but Struts
always pre-pends the web app name and module name so that it tries to
redirect to

/webapp/module/http://www.etc.com/etc

instead of

http://www.etc.com/etc