Put it in application scope.

Mark wrote:
I've read the documentation.. The confusion is how do i access a collection
when the action returns another

Imagine i've a user form and a list of users on the same page.

[list returned via request via action]
Joe Bloggs
Another User
Etc

Add user form
Name <input box>
Company <select menu>

I've already passed a list of users via the request object, and I'm not
happy with the concept of having to run an action everytime i want to get a
collection.

I could have a bunch of collections in my session but I'd prefer to use the
request. I know how to do this by instantiating a bean in my jsp, but I
can't do this due to some silly design constraints because this might
involve people having to learn something else.

I can think of a few ways of attempting this but I imagine that there must
be a way of doing this only defining collections once and being able to list
without calling an action. Ideally my collections will be availble on any
page, without having to instantiate anything.

So far I can only see that manipulating forms via FormBean . But then what
happens when i want the collection for something else? I could be confused
but when i read the struts docs i got the impression that this sort of thing
was possible.
Many thanks mark