    Brian> for some reason, almost every time i start up my app server (jboss 3.0.4 w/
    Brian> tomcat 4.1.12) and click to a jsp with an <html:form> element, i get the
    Brian> following exception:

    Brian> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    Brian> org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELFormTag.getFocusIndex()Ljava/lang/String;
at

org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELFormTag.evaluateExpressions(ELFormTag.java:143)
    Brian> at org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELFormTag.doStartTag(ELFormTag.java:89)
at
    Brian> org.apache.jsp.List_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(List_jsp.java:197) at
    Brian> org.apache.jsp.List_jsp._jspService(List_jsp.java:114) at
    Brian> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136) at

    Brian> there is nothing about focus anywhere in my jsps, so i'm at a loss as to
how to
    Brian> explain what is causing this exception. anybody seen anything like this?

On December 13th, the "focusIndex" attribute was added to the "form" tag in the
base library.  Later that day, I added "focusIndex" to the "form" tag in
Struts-EL.

If you're getting this error, then the version of "strutsel.jar" that you have
does not match the version of "struts.jar" that your container is seeing.  I
would guess you have more than one "struts.jar" in your classpath, or visible
from more than one classloader, and one of them is older than the other.