David M. Karr wrote:

On December 13th, the "focusIndex" attribute was added to the "form" tag in the
base library.  Later that day, I added "focusIndex" to the "form" tag in
Struts-EL.

If you're getting this error, then the version of "strutsel.jar" that you have
does not match the version of "struts.jar" that your container is seeing.  I
would guess you have more than one "struts.jar" in your classpath, or visible
from more than one classloader, and one of them is older than the other.
that makes sense, except: i have updated struts.jar and struts-el.jar twice since dec 13- the dec 24 nightly build and then 1.1b3. i will search for other jars that might be lying around unbeknownst to me. thanks for the tip.